An Easter Journey
Please look at our ‘News’ section for a reflection on an Easter Journey by our parishoner Bart McGettrick .
CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)
Dear parishioners of Christ The King
Welcome to our parish website, please check regularly as information, prayers and links to relevant issues will be updated during this Covid-19 period.
You will have heard by now that public Masses and acts of worship are suspended in the Archdiocese of Glasgow for an indefinite period. Now that the decision has been taken I would like to address some practical issues with you:
- The Church is CLOSED.
- Mass be offered by the Priest daily in private, for salvation of the World, the spread of the Gospel and the needs of the people of God.
- Confession – contact the chapel house.
- We urge everyone to follow public health advice.
- If you are self-isolating due to COVID-19, we have parishoners who can help with:
- Picking up shopping
- Collecting prescriptions
- Walking your dog
- Posting mail
- Dropping essential items to family in hospital/care home
- Contacting someone that you are concerned about.
We will do our best to help you (for free). We will always bring ID with us, and call to let you know when we are arriving and we will not be entering your home, items can be left on the doorstep. Please phone Pauline Mefford on 0795 642 7532 or Susan Crumlish on 07982 534814.
If you would like to volunteer in cases like this please contact the Chapel house and leave your name and telephone number.
It needs saying that this will hit us financially. Our running costs are high, so any donations are welcome; please see further details in our ‘News’ section.
Let us pray for one another and for our World.
Our Lady, Health of the Sick Pray for us.
Fr Peter Gallacher